Saturday, April 2, 2022

Pink Clouds, Pink Snow

 

3/29/22 Dibble Northwest, Crown Hill neighborhood

Dibble Avenue Northwest in the Crown Hill neighborhood has been a regular stop on my petal-peeping tour for years. If sketching cherry trees is the goal, some would say narrow Dibble is too “messy” – lots of cars, a basketball hoop or two, wires and poles everywhere. But you know me – I like the challenge of finding a composition in all of that.

Lots of pink snow.

When I had checked on the Dibble cherries only eight days earlier, the blossoms were still tight buds; they seemed to have popped open overnight. In fact, lots of petals were already on the ground, which is a sign that they are past their peak. Last year when I sketched there, it was April 8 – more than a week later in the year. (That time, I had sketched it from the opposite side of the same traffic circle.)

Most years I stand on a sidewalk to sketch, but this composition required standing in the street. I had to move out of the way of a few cars and a garbage truck, but on that beautiful afternoon, it was worth it. Bonus: I took the top down for my ride home!

2 comments:

  1. I can just imagine being surrounded by all those blossoms!!! Great sketch of it...I can feel the pink embracing me. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...