Saturday, April 23, 2022

Maple Leaf Park Landscape

 

4/17/22 Maple Leaf Reservoir Park

Easter Sunday’s weather was a delightful treat – sunny, springy and even a bit warmish! (It was a cruel teaser, though, as winter returned the next day.) We took a walk through Maple Leaf Park, where I had an ideal opportunity to try out the square Hahnemühle sketchbook in landscape mode.

Easy to hold and use
I’ve used many landscape-format sketchbooks, usually during my travels, when I want to make a long, skinny panorama, but holding an 8 ½-by-5 ½-inch landscape book can be awkward. Hahnemühle’s 5 ½-inch square format, while not as long as a full 17-by-5 ½ inch panorama spread, is much easier to hold and use. The fun I remember having in my early sketching days of using the old 5 ½-inch Hand Book Journal is coming back to me!



4 comments:

  1. It gives you a nice spread for a landscape without being cumbersome. Nicely done!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's a keeper, at least for my fitness-walking bag!

      Delete
  2. You got me motivated to try this journal for wide-angle sketches! I've lost count of the various sizes of journals I have now, but will get this one for this summer's hiking and drawing adventures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you're not picky about paper, there are several less-expensive square-format sketchbooks in this size available! Have fun!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...