Wednesday, April 6, 2022

Blireiana Plums

 

4/2/22 Ridgecrest neighborhood, Shoreline

A friend posted photos on Facebook of flowering trees that she walks past nearly every day. According to the link she had included, the ornamental Blireiana plum trees were planted about 25 years ago by the Ridgecrest Neighborhood Association. Shoreline is further north than I usually go on my petal-peeping tour, but when pink is in season, there’s no time to waste! I got on it immediately!

Standing at the top of a steep hill, I looked down at the block-long row of trees that began in the valley, then immediately sloped steeply up in the opposite direction – an unusual and challenging perspective!

Limbs on the foreground trees on the right side of the composition were just starting to show tiny yellow-green leaves. Comfortable in my down parka and wishing I hadn’t forgotten my gloves, I could see my breath as I sketched. It’s easier to sketch in the cold, though, when signs of spring are visible everywhere.

2 comments:

  1. You really did a good job of showing that you were looking downhill on this view. Good job! Love seeing all the pinks in a row!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...