Thursday, April 7, 2022

Back in Like a Lion

 

4/4/22 Maple Leaf neighborhood

Although March did go out like a lamb, April brought the lion back – with a roar. Despite the occasional sun breaks, another big storm was apparently brewing. Before it arrived, I went out on Monday morning to see if any blossoming trees had been able to keep their petals after the weekend’s wind and rain. Most had not, but something else I love about spring is the yellow-green haze of new leaves. I pulled over where the sun between clouds illuminated these trees. It was so gusty, though, that I stayed in my car to sketch. When I got out briefly to take a photo, I could barely hang onto my sketchbook!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have been having a lot of wind too. I come back home looking like a wild woman with my hair all a mess. I love the early green colors on the leaves at this time. You captured it well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're hardier than I am... I don't like sketching in strong wind!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...