Friday, April 15, 2022

A Primary Spin with Neocolors

4/11/22 Green Lake neighborhood

The morning was chilly, breezy and gray. Grabbing a CMYK primary triad, I decided to take some non-soluble Caran d’Ache Neocolors out for a spin. Rounding a bend in the Green Lake neighborhood, a row of colorful trees suddenly came into view. Although it was a good opportunity to push myself out of my “realistic” color zone, these trees aren’t colored as crazily as it might seem: Dark reddish-purple plums stood between some bright yellow-green trees.

The wind was so strong that I stayed in my car again. A limited palette with a limited view: I don’t mind restrictions when I get to choose what they are.

5 comments:

  1. Great colors and I'm sure they are pretty close to the spring colors now. I like how you sort of framed the scene between the cars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neocolors II, got me started with Caran D'Ache! The love affair has simply grown -- and I have been a painter with oils and acrylics for many decades! Portability and almost no clean-up --seduced me! Freedom from mediums and smeary brushed! So colored pencils and crayons are part of my 'vocabulary' that is threatening to become addictive!! I read all your reviews not, Tina, you do an excellent job of keeping your readers up to date! I like the way you tell it like you see it. your Blog is also now one of my addictions! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to hear you are enjoying the blog and find the reviews useful!

      Delete
  3. You can see some of my drawings in the Blog site: Mom's Madisonotes. I have posted my drawings there very infrequently and anything in color is done with Caran d'Ache NeocolorII and the various wonderful colored pencils by Caran d"Ache!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...