Saturday, April 9, 2022

Métier Racing and Coffee

4/5/22 Metier Racing and Coffee

A bike racing and repair shop is not the kind of place I would typically frequent. In need of a place to do some sketchwaiting, however, with a cup of caffeine preferably attached, I was referred to Métier Racing and Coffee. Selling and repairing racing bikes, Métier also offers a nice café. The spacious facility looked like it might have been an auto repair garage at one time with a big roll-up door on one side. Lots of natural light pooled in from three sides, including skylights in the high ceiling.

Instead of sitting in the proper café area, I took my dark chocolate mocha to a corner bench with a distant view of the repair side of the business. That bike probably looks like it’s hanging in mid-air, but it was mounted on a support beam. I thought it was permanent decoration, but I’m glad I sketched it first – as soon as I finished, a staff person took it down and carried it away.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...