Thursday, June 3, 2021

Farmers Market Bouquet

 

5/30/21 Caran d'Ache Museum Aquarelle and Supracolor in Stillman & Birn
Beta sketchbook

One of my purchases at the farmers market on Saturday was a couple of gorgeous bouquets. I think fresh flowers from local growers are one of the best bargains at farmers markets – so much less expensive than a florist, not to mention many times fresher. Before taking them to the cemetery, I pulled out a few favorites for myself. (I knew my parents and sister wouldn't mind sharing.)

I needed a peony for my colored pencil class this week. Before I did the homework assignment, though, I attempted the bouquet as loosely as possible. The result is a colorful mess. The pink peony, which was intended to be my focus, came out overworked and formless; I certainly hope I do better for class. I think I like the foliage best – loose, yet evoking the gesture of the way leaves grow.

2 comments:

  1. Peonies are hard to do because they have so many petals...but they are beautiful. I never think to buy bouquets at the farmer's market. I usually get there too late I think and they are probably sold out. I think this came out really nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The bouquet wilted quickly because it was so warm this week, but I enjoyed it while it lasted.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...