Monday, June 14, 2021

It’s Good to Be Back

6/13/21 Gas Works Park

Something I missed during the pandemic that no amount of Zooming or Facebooking could replace: sketching with my USk Seattle homies. For the first time in 15 months, we were back in action – at my favorite park!

Although the weather media had been giving dire warnings of “tropical storms” and 98 percent chance of rain all day, urban sketchers obviously live charmed lives, because we barely felt a drop or two all morning. I probably spent as much time catching up with friends as I did sketching, yet somehow I managed to capture four views of Gas Works Park – two facing the Space Needle and two thumbnails inside the old pump house. Being with my tribe is apparently inspiring.

This was as “normal” as I’ve felt in a long, long time. It’s good to be back.


It's good to be back!

2 comments:

  1. It makes me smile to see groups of sketchers getting out together. Yay!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so exciting to be back at it! Hope you will be sketching with your USk group again soon!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...