Sunday, June 6, 2021

Skyline

 

6/3/21 Downtown Seattle from Maple Leaf Park

Sometimes I forget that the downtown Seattle skyline is visible from Maple Leaf Park. It’s too far away to identify individual buildings easily, but I started with the Space Needle at the far right and kept going, trying my best to get the relative heights accurately, if not the shapes of the buildings. At that distance, I couldn’t even see any cranes, though I know they are there.

I miss downtown. I’m ready to sketch there, but I haven’t figured out how to get there (the part I’m not ready for is using public transportation). Rip Van Winkle has to gear up for the shock – I know that so much has changed in 15 months.

2 comments:

  1. This is such a great sketch!! I love the detail without the extensive detail. Well done, Tina! I hope you are able to figure out a safe way to get there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Joan! I'm really motivated to get downtown, so I'll figure something out!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...