Wednesday, June 23, 2021

The Price is Right

 

6/19/21 Maple Leaf neighborhood

Here’s another “first” for my post-vax life: an urban couch. I did sketch a couple during the pandemic when I had spotted them on my daily walking route, but discarded furniture is more likely to be found in neighborhoods where tenant turnover is high. In any case, I didn’t feel comfortable taking as long as I wanted to sketch those, so they had been done hastily.

This red couch was on Roosevelt Way, a busy arterial with high visibility, so I was afraid it would be gone by the time I got to it the day after I had first spotted it. Relieved that it was still there, I stood in the warm sunshine across the street and took my leisurely time. The actual couch wasn’t as vibrant as I made it, but I got the price right.

2 comments:

  1. Great find! I love how the vibrant color just says, "Look at me and take me home."

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...