Tuesday, October 11, 2022

At Last, Something Big

 

10/4/22 Across the street

My patience finally paid off. Almost two months ago when a Honey Bucket appeared across the street, I was certain I’d have fun stuff to sketch. With all the action in the back of the house, it has mostly been an exercise in frustration – until last week.

My first clue was the “no parking” sandwich boards that appeared on that side of the street: A-ha – something big this way comes! Indeed, on the appointed date, a cement mixer lumbered into position. I know they don’t take as long as they seem like they would, so I wasted no time getting up to our front deck for a second-story view. It was even better than an excavator, since I don’t get to practice cement mixers often!

In fact, I’ve been grateful to friends who have given me advance notice of cement mixers at their houses, which were a lot of fun to sketch: Kate last year, Alice in 2020, and Kathleen the year before that.

2 comments:

  1. Super sketch and how exciting to have a bird's eye view of the action from up on your deck!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...