Monday, October 17, 2022

Metropolitan Market Maple

 

10/13/22 Bryant neighborhood

The next stop on my leaf-peeping tour was the Sand Point Metropolitan Market, where a few slender, nicely placed maples give color to the parking lot each fall. Some years, they truly blaze. This year, they seem more subdued, with darker hues instead of brilliant red-orange and gold as they were at just about the same time of year in 2017. Instead of trying to put all of them into one composition as I often do, I picked out only the showiest one (and despite how conscious I try to be of composition, I got so dazzled by color that I ended up putting the tree smack-dab in the center).

Incidentally, this may have been the first time it was warm enough to sketch this tree from the sidewalk instead of from my car as is my usual practice by mid-October. We are breaking every record this year.


4 comments:

  1. Glad it is still warm enough for you to sketch outdoors. Lovely glow to this tree!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Climate change is real! But I admit I'm enjoying it (when the air is clean)!

      Delete
  2. I like the contrast in rendering and value between the tree and everything else!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lee... I'm always trying to identify where I want the eye to stay the longest.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...