Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Studies and Stories from My Walks

 

10/4/22 Green Lake neighborhood

The smoky skies we’ve been having the past month have put a crimp in my fitness walk-sketching. I’ve been taking shorter walks or avoiding sketching during my walks to reduce the length of time I’m exposed. You can imagine how cranky this makes me.

This post is a catch-up of my walk-sketches from late summer before the smoke came in and a few others that I did when the smoke was only “moderate” and not “unhealthy.” Most are nothing more than compositional or value studies.

One exception is the urban couch (top of post) I spotted near Green Lake. As I sketched, the owner (I presume) of the couch came out of the apartment building, took a photo of the couch, and went back inside – maybe to post the image somewhere in hopes of getting rid of it sooner? A bonus vacuum cleaner was behind the couch. He never noticed me sketching.

8/22/22 Green Lake

8/29/22 Green Lake

8/29/22 Green Lake

9/7/22 Green Lake

9/7/22 Green Lake

9/7/22 Maple Leaf

9/7/22 Green Lake

9/12/22 Green Lake

9/16/22 University of Washington campus

9/26/22 Green Lake

9/29/22 Green Lake


10/4/22 Green Lake
My favorite of the batch is the dog walker and dog – both checking their messages.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...