Friday, August 13, 2021

Green Lake Aqua Theater

8/9/21 Green Lake

Every few years I like to stand in the same spot and sketch this scene of the iconic G on the bleachers of the historic Green Lake Aqua Theater. Probably the first time I sketched it was in 2014, when I skipped yoga class to be outside after a streak of wet summer weather. A couple of years later, I sketched it in late February on an unseasonably warm day.

Recently someone in the USk Seattle Facebook group posted a sketch of the Green Lake G, and I realized it had been a long time since I last sketched it. That’s when I looked back at my blog and discovered five years had gone by. I suppose the trees have gotten taller, but otherwise, not much has changed. Perhaps the things that have changed most are my sketching style and my choice of media. Just for fun, I’m including the other two sketches below.

2/25/16

6/30/14

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...