Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Good Enough

 

10/8/21 Crown Hill neighborhood

Some years I stand up and declare that I’m seeing the best, most vibrant autumn color I can remember. Sadly, this is not one of those years. Certainly I’m seeing spots of bright red and yellow, but my usual leaf peeping tour has been disappointing. Trees that are usually full of color by now are looking faded and brownish. Perhaps our record-breaking span of rainless days and early-summer heat dome took their toll.

Underwhelmed by my favorite traffic circle of maples on Dayton Avenue, I continued looking around the Crown Hill neighborhood. A block or two from Dayton, I spotted a blaze of red. Good enough. I pulled out my CMYK primary triad and did my best to capture that vibrant hue.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are able to find some good color. Everything here is still green...although it is turning to that gold green.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...