Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Still in the Box

 

2/25/21 Friends on Zoom

When I sketch social Zoom chats, I usually put everyone into a Brady Bunch grid. At a recent gathering with members of a Facebook group, I wanted to free individuals from the grid so that they would look less isolated. I was hoping for a more organic look the way Carol Hsiung sketches her Zoom chats (like this one and this one). But even without the lines, I found myself sketching heads in an invisible grid. I guess I couldn’t break out of that box. (I was pleased, though, that I captured several good likenesses in the group.)

Better luck next time – I’m sure I’ll have many more opportunities before I dump my Zoom account (a day I’m looking forward to because it will mean the end of socializing this way).

1 comment:

  1. At some point we will look back on all these Zoom sketches and realize how special it was to be able to connect to so many people around the world.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...