Sunday, September 15, 2024

Blood Pressure Control

 

9/10/24 Sketched from live broadcast

Political debates can be difficult to view, and presidential ones are certainly among the worst. I find that it helps to calm me when I sketch from the live broadcast. I can still listen (though often I wish I couldn’t), but focusing on capturing the candidates’ likeness (or lack thereof!) keeps my blood pressure down.

Last week’s debate between Harris and Trump was the fourth presidential debate that I have sketched. I think my first (between Clinton and Trump in 2016) is still my most memorable due to my special viewing “seat.” I also sketched the 2020 debacle and the one a couple months ago.

2 comments:

  1. Glad it helps your pressure. I have a hard time looking at T, so I couldn't sketch him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to knit through it but somehow couldn't take my eyes off Kamala and her changing expressions, then noting when Trump looked like he was having a hard time keeping his eyes open which made me think of his nodding off during one of his trials. I did have a moment when I considered sketching her as she strikes me as having easy to capture looks. Then I thought, if I sketch Trump I'm just going to end up doing a caricature of him and better people than I have already done that!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...