Sunday, September 29, 2024

Fuzzy Portraits

 

9/15/24 Bubba (reference photo by Linda Lee)

8/20/24 Benoit (reference photo by Joanne Tam)














Although I haven’t done a concentration of pet portraits since spring, I still have occasions to do them, and I enjoy having subject matter to keep up my colored pencil chops.

 Last month I wanted to make a surprise gift for a friend, the human who belongs to the pup named Benoit. What a sweet face!

The cat was a commission from a friend who wanted to give the portrait to her mother in memory of Bubba, who had recently crossed the rainbow bridge. Pets who are gone are always special subjects for me, even if I didn’t know the pet personally.

Sometimes I’m lucky enough to sketch a pet live under relatively leisurely circumstances. Visiting a resident at Aegis Living, the fuzzy pup (whose name I didn’t learn) was mostly captive on a lap, giving me a bit of time to sketch.

8/17/24 A fuzzy visitor at Aegis



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...