Tuesday, September 3, 2024

Late Summer at Ben & Jerry’s

 

8/28/24 Ben & Jerry's, Green Lake neighborhood

With much of August cooler and wetter than usual (record-breaking cold, in fact, on some days to counterbalance record-breaking heat in July), we were all feeling shortchanged by summer. Although the rain was a relief, waking up to 48 degrees last week and feeling the furnace come on for several mornings made me feel cheated. Thankfully, we got a little summer back toward the end of the week and over Labor Day weekend which, ironically, is usually seen as the unofficial end of the season.

After a busy morning of talking to contractors and making another Goodwill run, I took a break with a walk to Green Lake and a stop at Ben & Jerry’s as my dejunking reward. Truth be told, I’m not a huge B & J fan (too many ingredients stuffed into average ice cream), but I’m not one to sniff at hand-dipped ice cream within walking distance.

These last-of-summer days are always bittersweet and never more so this year. I’m keeping my fingers crossed, though, that September may make up for it.

3 comments:

  1. There is something about this page that calls to me. Nicely done!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was quite surprised at our sudden extra hot Labor Day Weekend here in northern Idaho. Traditionally, Memorial and Labor Day Weekends are cold and rainy for the people who want to camp and boat. For the September holiday it often feels like a switch has been thrown, excellent summer weather to cool fall weather in a day. Not this year - sun and temps around 90. Yes, nights are cooler and I spotted a maple starting to turn, but while you are dismayed with the furnace coming on, I've been dismayed with my a/c coming back to life! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Weather everywhere is a crapshoot! Nothing predictable anywhere!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...