Tuesday, September 24, 2024

Urban Cookies

Sketches digitally printed with edible ink onto cookies made by Joan Matsukawa.

My sketches have appeared on a T-shirt, on a poster, and in a cookbook. I’m always flattered and honored to see my work published in any form, but with my pastry tooth, you can imagine how thrilled I was to have my sketches reproduced on cookies.

Joan Matsukawa contacted me recently after she had spotted my sketches of Obon dancers and taiko drummers that I had made at Seattle Betsuin’s Obon festival several years back. She asked permission to digitally print them onto cookies she would bake to sell at Aloha Stadium’s Megabon event in Honolulu. Happy to support any Obon celebration, of course I said yes! After the event, she sent these to me all the way from Honolulu. Thank you, Joan!


I'm not sure I've ever turned down a cookie, but alas, I can't have my cookie and eat it, too!

4 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...