Thursday, August 1, 2024

Leisurely Sketchwaiting

 

7/29/24 Capitol Hill neighborhood

A favor to a friend gave me a leisurely sketchwaiting opportunity in the Capitol Hill neighborhood, where I rarely make time to simply wander. Walking the mile or so between the main business area on 15th Avenue East and Volunteer Park took me past many classic Seattle Craftsman bungalows and old trees. Eventually I ended up at Caffe Ladro, where I enjoyed a relaxing Cortado and coffee cake.

Capitol Hill Caffe Ladro

The older sketches below were more of the usual sketchwaiting type – just filling moments while waiting for someone or something to happen. With a sketchbook in hand, a minute is as good as two hours.

5/2/24 Meridian Park

7/9/24 Green Lake

5/8/24 Aegis Living, Maple Leaf

2 comments:

  1. Nice leisure sketches. I guess I'm out of the loop. What is a fuzzy water chaser?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carbonated water! ;-) I was told it's traditional to serve with Cortado to cut the bitterness. I don't have that need, but it is a refreshing way to cleanse the palate!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...