Friday, August 23, 2024

Dilapidated Garage

 

8/16/24 Macrina Bakery, Maple Leaf neighborhood

Whenever I sit at Macrina Bakery’s outdoor tables, I wonder about the dilapidated garage across the street. The wood is rotten, the roof sagging, the door askew and always partially open, moss and old vines everywhere. What’s surprising is that it doesn’t at all go with the house it belongs to, which is very well-kept and with a lovely yard. As I sketched it and the old pickup in front of it, the owner came out, opened the broken door, and went in to get a very old motorcycle. After a loud, stinky warm-up, he rode off in a cloud of smoke. It may not go with the house, but the garage does go with its contents.

2 comments:

  1. Good sketch, but your description really makes an impact. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! That's my intention with my "comics" approach. . . words help to enhance the visual story!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...