Tuesday, March 15, 2022

The Petal-Peeping Tour Has Begun!

 

3/12/22 Ballard neighborhood

Ever since a few local friends had reported seeing bits of pink here and there, I put my seasonal pink pencils into my bag. It seemed too early, especially with the unusually cold winter we had (and are still having), but I decided to be optimistic.

Saturday dawned mostly clear, and by afternoon, it was warm enough to sketch outside my car, so I took a drive to Ballard. Thinking I’d find some interesting industrial buildings or structures on “the other side of the tracks,” I suddenly spotted a huge cherry in full bloom! I was certainly happy to have pink in my bag – and happier still that spring really seems to be on its way.

4 comments:

  1. It is always a wonderful surprise to find a tree in bloom before all the others. I haven't even seen flowers popping up yet...but then I really haven't been looking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Daffies are coming up all over the neighborhood, too!

      Delete
  2. Amazing that it's in bloom. The UW cherry tree cam shows more blooms! I think what I saw around yesterday were plums.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the plums are usually ahead of the cherries by a bit. I just sketched one yesterday.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...