Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Carrots on Sticks

2/10/22
Except on invitingly sunny days (which have been way too few and far between), I haven’t been getting out much lately to sketch, even in my car. But I still catch sketches now and then on my daily walks. As the carrot on my stick, a potential sketch is often the only thing that shoves me out the door on these cold, drizzly, dreary days (you can see raindrops on a couple of pages).




Every now and then we’ve been rewarded with unexpected afternoon clearings. That’s when we take our walk around Maple Leaf Park to see if Mt. Rainier is out. Paying homage to Her Majesty is almost worth the chilly dreariness of February.

2/25/22 Mt. Rainier from Maple Leaf Park

3/1/22


3/4/22

2/20/22
3/3/22


2 comments:

  1. Some days I have no inspiration to go out if the weather isn't nice. There are no shadows, everything is grey and dismal looking. But once I force myself to go out I usually find something to sketch that makes me happy. I like your sketch of the guy in the bucket. Every time I see them they are never in a spot that is good for me to park my car. lol The nerve of them!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always impressed how you seem to get out nearly every day, even in so-so weather, and manage to find a sketch! Yeah, much easier to sketch those guys in buckets if you're on foot!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...