Friday, March 25, 2022

One Cherry on Dibble

3/21/22 Crown Hill neighborhood

 The cherry-blooming schedule can be irregular and unpredictable. Dibble Avenue Northwest, one of my regular stops on my annual petal-peeping tour, can be as early as mid-March or as late as early April. Although I had a feeling those cherries would be late this year, given the unusually cold winter we had, the equinox made me restless for spring. Besides, some cherry varieties bloom earlier than others. As soon as the rain stopped on Monday, I took a drive to Crown Hill.

As expected, most of the buds on the trees lining both sides of the block were still tightly closed. One sakura, however, once pruned in the traditional umbrella shape but now a bit overgrown, had her arms spread wide with pink splendor in a front yard. By the time her slower sisters got around to blooming (probably not for a couple more weeks), she would be done. I pulled over, hopped out, and caught her in her prime.

4 comments:

  1. I really like the way you have been showing buildings behind your trees. Nice sense of place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lee! That's what urban sketching is all about... the sense and story of the place!

      Delete
  2. Tina, you are really on your toes checking for these beautiful flowering trees! Nicely done!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...