Sunday, March 13, 2022

One More in Wedgwood

 

3/11/22 Wedgwood neighborhood

Congratulating myself for finishing the One Week 100 People challenge with 102 sketches, I celebrated by stopping in the neighborhood on my way home from PCC. All week, I had been so taken up with sketching a hundred people while also drawing from memory that I hadn’t had time for more relaxed, ordinary sketching. I pulled over on a quiet Wedgwood street with nothing but non-moving cars and trees. A dog walker wandered by, and it felt completely natural to put him in: 103.

4 comments:

  1. It must have been relaxing to know you didn't have to move quickly to the next person. I like your shading in this. You were able to change the values enough in the foliage on the left to give it some depth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for noticing the foliage! I have been working on trying to show that kind of variation in depth... challenging but fun!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations are in order! Perfect placement for the dog and natural gesture of the dog walker.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mel! And congrats to you, too, for finishing your 100! It was so much fun to participate "live" again!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...