Thursday, October 15, 2015

Gratitude

10/15/15 India ink, twig
This curving, lamp-lit street is my favorite on Queen Anne Hill. I’ve sketched it at least a couple of times before, most recently last year, and that curved perspective never ceases to be challenging, yet I still haven’t tired of sketching it. When I lived close by, I walked along Highland Drive often, so the street brings back fond memories. Greg and I even had some wedding photos taken there.

Today I was in the Queen Anne neighborhood to visit someone dear who is now in hospice care. It’s likely to be the last time I’ll see her. On this beautiful fall afternoon, the breeze chilly despite the sunshine, I was filled with grief as well as gratitude to be alive to sketch this scene.

1 comment:

  1. I like this scene with the curve and the receding streetlamp. Nice! Sorry about your friend in hospice care. I'm sure it meant a lot to her to have you visit.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...