Wednesday, April 17, 2024

Dallas, Part 3: Travel Comic Diaries

4/5/24 On my flight to Dallas, I ruminated on my lunch, my flight entertainment, and my flight discomforts.

Just as Drewscape has inspired me to take a comic book approach to urban sketching, he has also prompted me to try my hand at making comic diaries. I have another post planned soon about how my latest sketch journal process has been morphing gradually into a comic diary, so I won’t get into the nitty-gritty here. However, I was surprised to find that my trip to Dallas turned out to be an excellent opportunity to explore comic diary approaches. Shown here are two page spreads I made on a flight and during a layover in Phoenix.

4/9/24 During a long layover and on the flight, I again ruminated on my lunch, a girl I had overheard on the walkway, and other observations.

4 comments:

  1. Lots of comic diary fodder when you travel. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch!! You remind me of why I will not fly again...barring total disaster. The disaster will have to be greater than the disaster of flying. The comic of you between two massive men is terrifying enough, then the Panera food fiasco! Whew! I can't wait for your how to do comics post👍 Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE to travel but hate to fly... when will I be able to be beamed up? ;-)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...