Friday, April 19, 2024

Admiral District

4/14/24 Admiral District, West Seattle

Before meeting a friend for brunch, I took a walk through West Seattle’s Admiral District. This neighborhood’s gem is the 1942 Admiral Theatre. While this type of historic theater is dwindling away in many neighborhoods (or being reused for other purposes), this one is still in operation, showing first- and second-run films.

Cheesy eggs and Croffle at the Bebop Waffle Shop. My friend had
a Monte Cristo sandwich made from waffles. You can also get waffles
made from Cocoa Pebbles or Fruity Pebbles! 

Walking on a quiet residential street filled with well-kept, older homes that I think of as quintessential Seattle architecture, I happened upon the Kingdom Hall of Jehovah’s Witnesses, which looks like an ordinary house if it weren’t for the sign.

Eventually I made my way to the Bebop Waffle Shop, where I had a Croffle: a croissant baked on a waffle grill! Sorry, no sketch of it (at least not from life; you’ll see it from memory later) – I scarfed it down so fast I barely got a photo of it. But I did get a sketch of the Bebops logo, which is apparently a two-headed wiener dog.

2 comments:

  1. Lots to sketch in that area. Doesn't the croissant get squashed on the waffle grill?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it did get squashed a little, but sooo good!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...