Monday, February 19, 2024

Salt & Straw

 

2/16/24 The view from Salt & Straw, Ballard neighborhood

An errand brought me to a part of Ballard that I rarely visit because parking is such a pain. Once I found a spot, I put extra time on the meter to find a coffee shop nearby. Walking up and down a few blocks, I passed a couple of coffee shops . . . but inexplicably, I found myself dragged into Salt & Straw Ice Cream instead. With bar seating facing the street, I had a good view of classic, old Ballard architecture.

The scooper had offered me tastes of various flavors, but I didn’t need one: I got a hefty “small” scoop of Fran’s Almond Gold Bar, which is one of my favorite chocolates from Fran’s. (Fortunately for my arteries, Salt & Straw is inconvenient.)




1 comment:

  1. I think sketching from an ice cream shop sounds like a nice change from a coffee shop. Oh my...I had to go and click on the link to the ice cream. It sounds heavenly! Fun to see a view of a new area's architecture. Nice!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...