Friday, February 23, 2024

It’s Happening!

 

2/21/24 Plum tree in the Maple Leaf neighborhood

A few days ago on my walk, I was shocked to see a short, spindly plum tree on Roosevelt full of pink blossoms! In February! Making note of the street, I’d planned to come back on the next dry day to sketch it. Although it was still raining the next day, I started having second thoughts: What if it had been a mirage? Or a hallucination? Or what if a hurricane blows in and takes the blossoms (or entire tree) down before I can sketch them? I couldn’t risk it – even mirages and hallucinations can be sketched as long as they remain. I went out in my car to sketch.

It’s happening! All my efforts to help Kill Winter with Orange are working!

4 comments:

  1. Love that the pink blossoms were in bloom...and there was orange spotted in the hood. lol I remember a few years ago I took a walk in the dead of winter and one of the trees along the route was in bloom like this. The few warm days we had confused the poor thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard reports that the cherry blossoms are expected to bloom in a couple of weeks! Way earlier than usual!

      Delete
  2. Yes, we can all thank your efforts especially, that the Midwest is having a historically warm winter! Is that the trend also in the PNW, or does your power of the orange have limits? 😂 (I Crack me up!) Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Although December was colder than usual, we had a record-breaking warm January! But in any case, the power of orange is limitless! ;-)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...