Sunday, February 11, 2024

Chatting, Sketching and a Colorful Lunch

2/9/24 Rainbow roll and people at Metro Market, Crown Hill neighborhood


Metropolitan Market (the small local chain where I sometimes shop and also sketch the lovely parking lot maples in the fall) opened a new store in the Crown Hill neighborhood. A major benefit of this store over the one closer to my ‘hood is that it has a huge seating area. When I popped in last week to check it out, I knew it would make a great social sketch location: Excellent natural light from floor-to-ceiling windows, lots of tables, and even some bar seating facing the windows.


Ching, Natalie and I met up there on Friday. Famished, I could barely hold off on devouring my rainbow roll, but who could resist sketching such a colorful meal? Afterwards, I swiveled around to sketch the view out the window, all the while cracking up at the hilarious workplace story Ching was telling. Metro Market is a keeper for winter social sketching!

2 comments:

  1. That looks yummy! As you were describing the location I was thinking it would be a perfect place for winter sketching and you said that too. A location to be able to sit inside and sketch the view outside is a keeper. Nice sketches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, and since it's open seating, no one gives us the eye if we sit there for 3 hours! ;-)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...