Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Off the Page

 

2/11/22 Maple Leaf Park
This is the same water tower at Maple Leaf Park that I’ve sketched many times. Usually I draw the whole tower – I enjoy the never-ending challenges of proportion and rendering the form of cylindrical and rounded shapes.

On this sunny afternoon, I thought I’d try a composition that would include about three-fourths of the tower. Surprisingly, this was more difficult than I expected. I had to let my pen point draw the rest “off the page” to the right, but even so, getting the proportions right wasn’t easy. I wanted to cover up the part I wasn’t drawing, but that wouldn’t have been easy, either. It means I need to practice this kind of “off the page” composition more often!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...