Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Fremont Dinosaurs

 

2/12/22 Topiary dinosaurs near the Fremont Cut

Saturday dawned with a cloudless sky that was forecast to remain all day. Thinking about where I wanted to sketch on that rare, sunny day, Fremont came to mind. The last time I had sketched in the Center of the Universe was during a cloudy June USk outing back in 2019. I was well overdue for a sketch visit.

Miraculously on a Saturday afternoon in that busy neighborhood, I found a parking spot not too far from the famous topiary dinosaurs. I had sketched them previously back in 2014 from the other side of Canal Street so that I could see both the mama and her baby. This time I stood in Google’s empty parking lot, where I could see most of the baby and its mama’s long neck and body. Walkers, runners and bike riders went by in a constant stream on the Burke-Gilman Trail alongside the Fremont Cut. I sensed that everyone was rejoicing a sunny weekend afternoon in February.

Although my weather app said it was 55 degrees, the harsh wind from the Lake Washington Ship Canal made it feel a lot colder to me. Still, it was wonderful to sketch under a clear blue sky that made me optimistic: Could spring be around the corner?

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a clear, sunny day to get out and sketch. We've had some sunny days but the wind makes it feel too cold to sit out yet.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...