Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Waiting

5/27/14 Pilot Iroshizuku Take-Sumi and Diamine Midnight inks, 100 lb. paper
“I’ve been waiting over an hour. . . I can’t wait any longer!”

Fuming, she stormed out. Apparently our doctor was running late.

I had barely arrived in the waiting room, strategically seating myself so that I could get a good side-angle view of a man reading a magazine. After sketching his top half, I glanced down at his feet and was surprised to see cowboy boots. Somehow I had expected a different type of footwear for a guy in a button-up shirt with a pen in the pocket.

As it turned out, my wait was only about 15 minutes (maybe because the woman before me had left!) – exactly enough time for this sketch.

(Impatient people should take up sketching – it might bring their blood pressure down.)

1 comment:

  1. LOL You are right about impatient people...it could do wonders. Don't you just love how sketching can make waiting so much easier. Nice sketch of the man...and I love the sketch of his feet. Cowboy boots always make your feet look so big.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...