Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Sketcher Sighting on 65th and Roosevelt

5/28/14 Platinum Carbon, Diamine Midnight and Diamine Grey inks, Zig markers, Pitt Artist Pen, Uniball opaque pen, water-soluble colored pencil, Canson XL 140 lb. paper

Seattle has a reasonably large sketching community; on warm summer days, we’ve had as many as 50 or 60 participants at Urban Sketchers gatherings. And yet whenever I’m out and about sketching in neighborhoods or parks, I never seem to spot other sketchers.

My plan today in the Roosevelt neighborhood was to make another progressive sketch of the Sound Transit Light Rail Station construction project, but when I got there, I realized it didn’t look much different from last time. As I was driving through the intersection of 65th and Roosevelt, however, I glimpsed the familiar urban sketcher’s stance: a figure seated on a low stool, sketchbook on lap, gazing into the distance. It was Steve Reddy, sketching the building across the street!

I decided to skip the light rail project until more changes had taken place and instead sketch Steve sketching. But I did manage to get one of the construction project’s cranes in the background.

1 comment:

  1. How great that you ran across another urban sketcher that you knew. You did a great job on getting in the details of him sketching, the crane, the street signs, the trees and the background buildings.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...