Sunday, May 25, 2014

Saved by an Excavator

5/25/14 Pilot Iroshizuku Take-Sumi ink, Sailor pen, Zig markers, watercolor,
Pitt Artists Brush Pen, Canson XL 140 lb. paper
Spoiled by the lovely weather we had in Portland and even here at home lately, I was disappointed by today’s rain (though not surprised; historically, it almost always rains here on Memorial Day weekend, so barbecues are generally theoretical). I don’t have big plans for the holiday, but of course I was hoping for some outdoor sketching.

I went out to do a couple of errands, including returning a DVD to the library. Strangely, a Takeuchi excavator was sitting in the parking lot. Why, I have no idea – I’m just grateful that it gave me something to sketch (while intermittently turning on the windshield wipers) besides a still life at home.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry about the rain but sketching excavators is good too. It's exactly the opposite here (Quebec City). This morning was so nice that, for the first time, I went walking in t-shirt and jeans. It was so nice that I only stopped once to sketch and I walked and enjoyed the sunshine for almost three hours.

    Cheers --- Larry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice that you had the excavator to sketch, even though it was raining. We are lucky to have mobile studios to sit in for sketching when necessary.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...