Sunday, July 5, 2020

Not Proud


I didn’t do or sketch anything yesterday to observe our country’s birthday. Indeed, I have lately been so ashamed, disgusted and outraged by what some fellow Americans are doing that it’s very hard to be proud. Yes, they are a small minority, and most people are still kind, generous and considerate. But I did not expect to see so much ugliness to be revealed in the face of a global health crisis (the story linked above is only one recent example).

Someday, those of us who survive will heal and move on. I certainly hope to. But I will not quickly forget my stunning disappointment in other Americans that I have experienced since March.




4 comments:

  1. I hear you. Try to stay positive and focus on the good. BTW, I have been fascinated the past month with your hand drawings. They are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate your comments and encouragement! I am getting a bit tired of my hand, and yet I keep finding new things to learn from the drawings, so I keep going.

      Delete
  2. Sometimes I just sit and shake my head at the behavior of some people. Don't they think about anyone else or the consequences of their actions? I understand exactly what you mean.

    I like seeing these posted as a group!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I like the progression when I see them in a group, too.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...