Saturday, May 23, 2020

Pandemic Survival Strategy

5/15/20 Maple Leaf neighborhood

Several weeks ago during a morning walk, I discovered this dead-end street. It’s not quite as good as a traffic circle that gives me four directions of views, but I can easily stand at the end of it and sketch in at least two directions while being safe from cars and pedestrians (both of which are rare on this street anyway). The temperature and sunshine were just right one day, so I sketched this view. I’m saving the other view for another time.

A drawing of my hand each morning, takeout pizza next Thursday, a sketch on 88th and Latona tomorrow: It’s important to have concrete, specific things to look forward to in the not-too-distant future. That’s my pandemic survival strategy. What’s yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...