Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Individuals, Not Symbols

6/13/19 Lake City Farmers Market

Crowds of people milling and going about their business make excellent studies in quickly capturing gestures and poses. People walk, stand and make simple actions in unique ways, and I try my best to see and suggest that individuality and avoid generic marks.
 
6/13/19 Lake City Farmers Market
11/22/19 Costco
11/30/19 Costco


11/30/19 Costco

11/1/19 This person disappeared quickly, but I wanted someone for a sense
of scale, so I resorted to a symbol.
Sometimes if the person I started sketching is long gone but I still want to indicate a human for scale or context, I will resort to a symbol, but I would rather capture the individual if I can.



1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...