Friday, October 6, 2017

Sunny Campus

10/4/17 University of Washington Quad

When I arrived at the University of Washington campus, class must have just gotten out – students were streaming in every direction. It was one of those sunny autumn afternoons that I think of as quintessential as well as rare; this time of year, it is more likely to be gray and rainy. (Unfortunately, on this toned paper, it kind of looks that way.)  The Quad cherry trees showed no signs of turning, and from the looks of students lounging and studying in the grass, it could have been late spring.

5 comments:

  1. Hmm... I felt the same way about the gray Strathmore book that I used last year (2 years ago?). The gray is a challenge and I'm not sure why. I am about to start my tan S&B, and I think I'll like it better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess very soon you will find the gray book very useful while sketching in Seattle winter :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, yes . . . :-( But at least I'll be ready!

      Delete
  3. The gray seems best for those wintry days, but don't capture the warmth of the scene you encountered. I like those massive trees and the way you put in people to give it a sense of scale. Nice!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joan! You'll see that I've switched back to white! ;-)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...