Saturday, October 28, 2017

Halloween at Swansons

10/27/17 Swansons Nursery

Urban Sketchers Seattle made one of our semi-annual treks to Swansons Nursery yesterday – this one for Halloween (Christmas is coming up). The dinosaur topiary I sketched last year wasn’t ready, but several reindeer topiary pranced around instead. When I looked around for a good angle, I spotted Sage sketching a large display next to the children’s playhouse, and I decided I liked that view, too. 

Huge piles of pumpkins and other gourds, a hay bale maze, some young goats like the ones I sketched last year, scarecrows, a tractor. . . Swansons was full of fun things to sketch. But I had homework to do, so I took advantage of the beautiful sunshine to wander out to the back end of Swansons lot, which was full of many types of trees. . . (stay tuned).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...