Sunday, March 24, 2013

Emerald City Trapeze Arts



3/24/13 Diamine Chocolate Brown ink, Stillman & Birn sketchbook
My heart was racing and my palms were sweating so much that I could hardly hold a pen. Safety net and harnesses notwithstanding, it was a thrill to see the students of Emerald City Trapeze Arts practicing their moves on the flying trapeze. Maybe some of them will perform under the big top someday, and it was fun to think I might have seen their first flights today.
 
As for my own aspirations, I had hoped that my life drawing sessions at Gage would have been somewhat helpful, but. . . not so much. I was happy to get a few gestural sketches from the balcony, where the students seemed to fly right past my face.
 
Many thanks to Gail and Jane for organizing a unique Seattle Urban Sketchers sketching opportunity!
3/24/13 Platinum Carbon ink
3/24/13 Zig brush markers

6 comments:

  1. That sounds like a fun place to sketch, but I would think the people would be moving way to much to actually get more than a line down. You did good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joan! Yeah, it was kind of the opposite of life drawing sessions! :-0

      Delete
  2. Tina, thank for posting this. I have pleasure to read all your posts. I am also an amateur trying to learn how to draw. Did you heard about this online course http://www.cgma2dacademy.com/dynamic-sketching.html ? They teach a very efficient method. It completely changed my way of drawing things. (I have no affiliation with them!). I think it could make a huge difference in the quality of your work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Louis! I will check out the link -- sounds very interesting!

      Delete
    2. The first 30 minutes of the first week. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgDNDOKnArk
      I also have a spartan blog where I post my daily sketches since the beginning of the year http://louislearnstodraw.blogspot.ch/

      Delete
  3. That sure sounds like a great sketching session, though it must have also passed by your eyes quickly. Like the chocolate brown ink and might have to try it.

    Cheers --- Larry

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...