Sunday, March 3, 2013

7 and 12 Minutes


3/2/13 Diamine Grey ink, Pelle journal
What can you draw in five minutes?
 
I’ve recently seen challenges like this on various websites such as The Sketchbook Project, intended to make the point that you don’t need a lot of time to draw. The important thing is to draw in whatever time is available.
 
3/2/13 Diamine Jet ink, Zig markers, Hand Book
I wasn’t consciously thinking about this prompt yesterday, a busy day, but as it turned out, that’s about all the time I had for a couple of sketches I squeezed in. After scarfing down a panini during a short lunch break at the Central District’s Starbucks, I sketched an outdoor umbrella’d table and the ghost of a car that pulled in after I started sketching. It took about seven minutes.
 
Later the same day, we arrived a little early for dinner at Fuji Sushi. Parked in their lot on Sixth Avenue South in the International District, I had an obstructed view of the Smith Tower that I sketched in 12 minutes.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...