Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Alki Avenue Southwest


3/5/13 Platinum Carbon Black ink, watercolor, Zig marker, Stillman & Birn Gamma sketchbook
I was meeting a friend for lunch at Cactus on Alki Avenue Southwest in West Seattle, so I arrived a little early to sketch more bare trees.
 
Unlike cars, my previous sketching nemesis, trees and their intricate network of branches fascinate me, so my current self-inflicted sketching exercise doesn’t feel quite as onerous. In fact, I’m surprised by how much I’m enjoying this challenge, as difficult as it is.
 
Unfortunately, my arboreal knowledge is even narrower than my automotive knowledge, so I can’t tell you what kind of trees these are. But if you look at yesterday’s sketch at Green Lake, you’ll have a sense of déjà vu.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...