Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Portrait Party

7/10/20 Roy deLeon

A text message came from Roy DeLeon: Would I like to sketch him while he sketched me – over live video, of course. Would I? It was the best invitation I’d received all week (well, actually, the past four months)!

I’d seen Roy wearing a cool yellow hat in a portrait that Peter Ettel had made of him, so I went to the closet and grabbed one of Greg’s old baseball caps. I figured it would be more fun to draw than my pandemic hair.

Over Zoom, we caught up on each other’s mostly-stay-at-home lives as we sketched. Although my grim “sketch face” might belie it – I guess that’s just the way I look when I draw! – it was the most fun I’ve had in months.

If anyone wants to have a portrait party with me, I’m game!



2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...