Wednesday, July 1, 2020

A Zoom Celebration

6/27/20 Zoom fun

My brother and his wife celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary – on Zoom, of course. Compared to the big celebration party their son and daughter had been planning for this summer, when we were all to meet up in L.A. for a family reunion, it was a bit sad. Now it will likely be a long time before I visit again. But it was still fun to see everyone happy and healthy (and sketchable).

As part of the festivities, we all played something similar to the Newlywed Game TV show. Of course, I sketched while we played, which explains the rustic sketch paper I used! These are possibly among the least flattering portraits I have ever sketched, but I knew they would forgive me. That's what family is for.

2 comments:

  1. Zoom has been a savior for a lot of things...especially celebrations. Glad you were able to get together anyway, even if it wasn't the way everyone was looking forward to. Congrats to them!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I, too, have been grateful for Zoom and other technology that enables us to "see" each other during this time of isolation, even if it's only on a screen.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...