Sunday, January 7, 2024

Bakery Business

1/4/24 Utility work outside Macrina Bakery, Maple Leaf neighborhood

 The utility project I sketched in September is still going on in my immediate neighborhood. The work looks similar every time – the same machines, the same big holes, the same noise – but it just moves a bit further north each time. I usually pass it on my walks wherever it happens to be that week, but since all the heavy equipment is the same, I haven’t sketched it again.  

Last week I noticed the project was on the side street adjacent to Macrina Bakery. In fact, an excavator was parked in Macrina’s small employee parking lot, and it looks like some related work might occur right on the property. Obviously, I’ll have to check out the status again soon because, you know, I need to look after bakery business (by that I mean my own).

White pen note: In case you’re curious, I have given up on the white Posca marker and have gone back to my standby Sakura Gelly Roll. While the other Posca colors in the 0.7mm “pin” size behave somewhat better, the white always seems to develop clogging issues eventually. I have tried three so far with the same results, regardless of which way I store them (point up or point down). I have one more that I’m storing horizontally at home, and that seems to be doing OK so far, but that means I can’t take it with me – and urban sketching is 99 percent of my use for it. So it’s déjà vu all over again, all over again. And again.

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...