Friday, September 22, 2023

Poplar

 

Although it’s still an ongoing series, it has been a while since I last sketched a tree that has been cut away to accommodate utility lines. My reportage of trees in trouble has reminded me of the sacrifices of trees even when they aren’t in trouble.

This poplar near Green Lake is so tall that I did something I rarely do: I opened my sketchbook to use the full spread, and I also turned it diagonally to emphasize the vertical composition. Of course, now it’s crooked on my blog, so I’m showing the photo I snapped on the street, too.

9/14/23 Green Lake neighborhood

2 comments:

  1. This one is so tall and has quiet a chunk cut out of it. Nice sketch...better catch that car before it slides off the page. lol

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...