Sunday, December 18, 2022

Window Lights

12/14/22 Our livingroom
 

For our first pandemic Christmas, we decided to simplify, skip the tree and string lights around the front-facing livingroom window. Last year, wanting to feel like things were back to “normal,” we put up a tree again. This year, we decided we prefer simplicity, and we went back to the string of lights. We leave them on all night, so when I come downstairs in the morning, the colorful lights are softly illuminating the dark livingroom. It’s warm and welcoming.

Material notes: When I updated my nocturne sketch kit this year, I added a few Cretacolor Megacolor Metallic Pencils, and they finally came in handy. I used Kuretake Fudebiyori metallic brush pens for the dots of lights, but I wanted color with a subtler sheen for the reflections cast by the lights. The metallic pencils were just right.

4 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...